Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Discount tickets to the Improvised Shakespeare Company

This is a forward from a professor at the University of San Diego:


The Improvised Shakespeare Company will perform at USD's IPJ Theatre on SAT 1 DEC, at 8PM.

If you've never seen an ISC show, believe me: there's nothing like it. I've seen them perform many times (in NYC, LA, San Francisco, Chicago) and I marvel every single time. Their improvisation form is one of the most impressive things you'll ever witness onstage: they ask the audience to make up a title (I once saw an uproariously funny tragedy called "The Jersey Shire") and then the five performers improvise an entire Elizabethan-style play, in iambic pentameter, on the spot – complete with rhymed couplets, sonnets, song, dance, revenge, romance, fairies, star-crossed lovers, tyrannical kings, and other Shakespearean tropes. I don't know if it's going to be a comedy, a tragedy, or a history...I just know it's both the opening night and the closing night. 

One more thing: I guarantee it will be hilarious, from start to finish. 

To book tickets, go to the Eventbrite page...

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-improvised-shakespeare-company-tickets-48401425968?aff=ebapi

...click on "Tickets," click on "Enter Promotional Code," and then enter this code: CityCollege.

No comments:

Post a Comment