Friday, December 13, 2019

New faculty member at City College: Kate Neff Stone

The Drama Department is thrilled to announce that Dr. Kate Neff Stone will be joining our full-time faculty starting in Spring 2020.


Kate Neff Stone obtained her PhD in Theatre and Drama, with emphases in Dramaturgy and Critical Theory, from the joint program at the University of California, Irvine and the University of California, San Diego. Before that, she earned her MA in Performance Studies from Tisch School of the Arts at New York University. She has extensive experience teaching theatre in Southern California, including performance and theory classes at UC Irvine, Santiago Canyon College, Golden West College, and Coastline College. She has presented original research at numerous national and regional conferences, including the Association for Theatre in Higher Education, American Society for Theatre Research, and the Mid-American Theatre Conference.

She has also directed numerous productions in Southern California, Chicago, and New York, including Lord of the Flies (Ding An Sich Theatre), The Bacchae (Santiago Canyon College), Othello (Blind Cotton Theatre Company), Mrs. Bob Cratchit’s Wild Christmas Binge (Santiago Canyon College), Almost, Maine (Santiago Canyon College), All in the Timing (Santiago Canyon College) and many others. She works as the Education Coordinator for the National Winter Actor’s Retreat, which helps students make the transition from undergraduate programs to theatre as a career.

She is absolutely thrilled to join the Dramatic Arts at San Diego City College, and is passionate about equipping students with the skills that they need to succeed in their goals, whether that is to be an engaging performer and theatre artist, a life-long lover of theatre, or even just a more creative human! In Spring, she will be teaching Introduction to Dramatic Arts, Theatre and Social Issues, Beginning and Intermediate Acting, as well as helping with the New Works Festival in March.


Welcome, Dr. Neff Stone. We're very glad you're here.

2 comments:

  1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete
  2. I contracted herpes  in 2015' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr OLIHA herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr OLIHA  have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated herpes  been in my body since 2015, Dr OLIHA make it possible for me. Here is Dr OLIHA email:oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp+2349038382931. and https://olihamiraclemedicine.webs.com/ *      

    ReplyDelete